Summer Bucket List

 It started as a joke with a friend, "add that to the list of things I never got the opportunity to do." Quite honestly I had such a negative outlook on life back then you could tell by the tone I was taking with those words. Until the shift happened, the realization that I am in control of my attitude and how I handle things. The weight lifted, and my little "joke" became a checkmark 'Summer Bucket List.' 

I was dedicated to make this happen, and what better way to hold yourself accountable than blast it on Instagram for the world, alright 231 followers, to see. The amount of encouragement I got from this story post was incredible, I really have surrounded myself with the best kinds of people! A variety of people, some close to me and some I have never hung out with before offering to come along with me to fulfill my Bucket List dreams. 

The List started small.

Escape Rooms

Go Dancing

Paddle Boarding

Lime Scooter

Pavilion Lights Downtown

Zipline Micamoon

Paint Something

Since posting, I have successfully gotten to check off 3, sort of 4, of these. Boy does the Type 1 in me like to check mark things off my list. 

ESCAPE ROOM

Absolutely Thrilling. Would 100% do again with anyone. Did not escape, not even close. Thanks Trisha for the invite.

LIME SCOOTER

Had a sister date, it all happened so fast, I thought I had more time to mentally prepare before she said "we are riding these things to dinner." "I'm scared," I replied. I'm sure the next few minutes was a treat for the people sitting near by. Then we were off and there may or may not have been screams of joy coming from me. The amount of laughter from this night and these damn scooters was well worth it.

PAVILION LIGHTS

This is my "sort of" as I got to see them while on the Lime scooters, but there was no light show and the gates were closed for a graduation so we did not actually go under it.

PAINT SOMETHING

I have had a gift card to those sip and paint things since Covid and never went. Recently went with my aunt and a couple others and had a blast. My kids don't believe that I painted the sign so whatever the lady doing the class is up to is doing a hell of a job.

Since then I've been adding a few more things to the list;

Learn to Handstand

Arbor Crest

Baseball Game

Indoor Rock-climbing

Bingo!

Lantern Festival

Go to the Coast/Cannon Beach

Yes, I have been to the coast and Cannon Beach before, but that one is my happy place that I've been wanting to go back to for the past 5 years so I think it deserve a spot on the Bucket List just as well. It may be silly, but I am having fun with this and I love that I have so many people encouraging me and wanting to be apart of it and do the fun things or even add fun things to do with me. I really feel like I'm living life to it's fullest, I'm searching for joy, and not sitting waiting for it to come to me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 19

Risotto